Who We Are
All Of Us NC is an alliance of North Carolinians who stick up for each other when any of us has our humanity questioned. Our alliance builds on a long history of life-affirming courageous acts of our ancestors. We respond to direct attacks on families and communities such as the family discrimination constitutional amendment, anti-immigrant policies, anti-worker legislation, the voter ID act, and other attempts to disenfranchise any of us. If you or your organization would like to support this statement, we would like to invite you to sign on as a member of the alliance. Contact us at allofusnc [at] gmail.com.
All Of Us NC Agreements
- Focus on our opportunities for unity. Actively seek overlaps and intersections.
- Remember that you are an organizer, you have a constituency. Remember that the overall strategy we create and the work we do is accountable to those you bring with you.
- Figure out how to build something maximally inclusive and transformative.
- There are many options for how we go forward from here. Come from a place of choice and purpose.
- Look for your own clarity about your role. Take responsibility for difficult feelings that arise and be judicious about what you make into the group's work.
- Be conscious about the power and privilege you bring.
- Let history and what's at stake guide us out of pettiness and nit-pickiness.
- Move from a place of love.